SD card

Perplexedagain
Investigator
Investigator

What is a SD card. Why do I keep getting messages at the top of the screen saying ' Can't write to SD card' and what can I do about it?. I've tried buying more memory but it seems to have no effect. Simple explanations please. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry. It's a Samsung galaxy. I download books from a local library app. Do you think that might be a problem?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Perplexedagain  A SD card is a small card that you can put in to the device onto give it more storage space.     Can you please explain you’ve tried purchasing more memory, but it has no effect ?    Are you purchasing online storage space ?  If you are this will not change that message or stop it as the SD card is in the device and online storage is on a server.   

See THIS  to learn about SD cards.  

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased more memory via my ee credit as well as on line neither of which has worked. 

@Perplexedagain  EE don’t sell memory they do sell extra data if you require it.  This has nothing to do with storage space on the device this is for online usage ie browsing the internet.      

what device is it ? 

Its a Samsung mobile. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Perplexedagain 

You receive that message if you have installed a memory card which is either full or faulty and one of your apps such as the camera is set to store it's content on the memory card.

Which model Samsung phone do you have.

Not sure what extra storage you have purchased.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Sorry. It's a Samsung galaxy. I download books from a local library app. Do you think that might be a problem?