Bernie27
Investigator
Investigator

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bernie27,

This is likely the temporary number assigned to your SIM before your number transferred.

This won't affect the use of your phone, but if you'd like it to be updated, you'd need to order a replacement SIM card.

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James_B

Hi @Bernie27,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of phone are you using?

Have you recently changed your number?

James

Hi, @James_B ,

I am using a Galaxy S10, which I have had for a number of years. Yesterday, for no reason other than curiosity, I checked Settings>About phone and was surprised to see an unknown number shown against "Phone Number". I have no idea how long this number has been on Settings. I checked my account in case costs had been racked up but this is is not the case, fortunately.

Has my 'phone been hacked and, if so, what are my next steps?

Thanks,

Bernie

James_B

Hi @Bernie27,

No, I don't believe your phone has been hacked.

This is usually caused after porting or changing your mobile number. It's likely a temporary or previous number that has been associated with the phone in the past and shouldn't cause any issues.

James

Hi, @James_B ,

My number has never changed and the only time it has been ported was when I switched from Virgin to EE a number of years ago.

How can I change the number shown in Settings to agree with my correct number?

Thanks,

Bernie

James_B

Hi @Bernie27,

This is likely the temporary number assigned to your SIM before your number transferred.

This won't affect the use of your phone, but if you'd like it to be updated, you'd need to order a replacement SIM card.

James