cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Free Tablet

Vlh1974
Investigator
Investigator

We have recently discovered that my Mum was given a FREE tablet when she upgraded her phone in 2018. 

We questioned was it actually free and told yes totally free. We have since found she has been paying for data every month. She did think her monthly bill was high, however never imagined she would be paying for a FREE item.

She has never taken the tablet out of the house, therefore never used any data so paying £12 per month for nothing. 

We contacted EE and after some discussions told she could get 6 months back, or go to the Ombudsmen. Absolutely furious with the lack of service. An sure the only do this as they think pensioners won't be able to do this and will settle for an offer that is downright patronising. 

We as am immediate family have 5 contracts with EE all of which we plan to change as soon as contracts run out. 

So much for being a valid customer!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Christielottett
Visitor

I've had something very similar but no free item but discovered I'm charged twice for something I can get through to customer services about  it as keeps saying error with login try again later. My router stopped working and cos I couldn't get through to them Fir assistance I stopped dd when I discovered all these extra payments . still can't get through but if someone wants to contact Me especially as I now see account closed - what a joke but still error message when try to access contact you bit ************ and u can call Mr on the sim used in router as number in phone dual sim

Mod edit: [please don't post personal information on the community].

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Christielottett

Welcome to the community. 

Is this regarding a home broadband account or a mobile broadband?

Stopping payments does not automatically close your account with EE and means there is possibly an outstanding balance. 

When you have been trying to contact the team what number did you call?

I would recommend calling either 150 from an EE handset or 07953 966 150 from any landline or provider. 

Katie