cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treated badly

Saday
Investigator
Investigator

Due an on going problem with EE owners BT, I was offered a free tablet and 40gb to use for free for 2 years as a sign of goodwill. I then get a bill from EE for a monthly charge, so I ring EE and they say that unable to confirm as taped call with the offer not 100% and that I need to return the tablet. I hope that other EE customers are treated better.

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Saday

Welcome to the community.

Where did you take out the contract and who was it that told you that it would be free?

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Saday  You was offered a free tablet and in no upfront cost towards it.  The contract is going to pay for that tablet and the data usage.  You’ll not get a data allowance and a tablet for nothing.  

Was on the phone with BT 150 about my problems with landline and broadband and explained that using EE mobile data and she said after looking at my EE account that as BT was the financial partner she would arrange a free tablet, 40gb a month free to allow me to watch BT sports anywhere,  as a goodwill offer.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Saday ,

If you do a search on these forums, you will find many reports of getting a "free tablet" being problematic.

Some customers seem to end up with contracts that they did not sign, did not agree to, and had no knowledge of; which sounds to me to be very similar to financial fraud perpetrated on EE and the customer as it would be against EE's training to mislead customers in a fraudulent manner.

My view would be that something is not "free" if you explicitly pay for it via a contract.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
James_B

Hi @Saday,

Were you given a credit on your BT bill to cover the cost of the monthly payments?

James

No.

Get Outlook for Android
James_B

Hi @Saday,

Please get in touch with BT customer service so a member of their team can look into this for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

@mikeliuk   Customer did not sign.  I can bet you they did.   Did not agree too,  you read what’s in front of you before you sign it.  But shiny new toy seems to blind people to what they are actually agreeing too.     And nothing stops anyone from asking

“Does this free gift have a monthly contract attached to it !”  

And what your reading on here is only one side and you wasn’t or I wasn’t present at the point of sale.