cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold tablet and dishonest sales person

Jouchouche
Explorer

Hello.

We got a phone for our 11 year old daughter from one of your stores. We made it clear and greed with the sales person that our budget was around £35 a month and we ended up with more than £50 bill monthly as we were missold a 'free' tablet for an additional £20 a month. We repeated several times that we did not need the tablet and the sales person said that it was free.

This is a disgrace, really, especially when you are told that your total monthly bill will be £35 a month and that the tablet is free.

I will end my own contract with EE and my son's . I still cannot believe that things like that can be done. 

24 REPLIES 24
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jouchouche  Have you gone back to the store and request to speak with the manager ?  You need to. 

A free device is just that free but devices from EE have SIM cards and contacts.  

@Chris_B 

We will tomorrow.

We just found out as we received the invoice. 

Of course we did sign the contract for 24 months so it may be difficult to amend anything.

We are very disappointed by EE, we have 3 contracts there and have been customers for years...

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jouchouche wrote:

as we were missold a 'free' tablet for an additional £20 a month.

A contradiction in terms. A free thing cannot be free if some constituent part of it costs money. You were swindled!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jouchouche

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've ended up with a contract that you don't want. I'd recommend following @Chris_B's advice and speak to the store manager.

Please keep us informed here on what happens.

Chris

The tablet was free as there was no payment exchange at the point of sale towards the cost or part cost of the tablet.  The words of free tablet are correct.   

However the tariff has a charge and the tariff isn’t the tablet. 

Am in exactly same position. Store manager not interested. EE customer services trying to resolve. 

If you google mis sold tablet by EE you will find its quite common 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @Jh49

I'm gad our Mobile Care team are looking into this. Please keep us updated on what happens.

Chris

Spectre_83
Investigator
Investigator

Hey, I’ve just falling victim to this table t scam which appears to be running rife in EE stores. I upgraded my phone on the 27/09/21 but it the sales person to offer a FREE  Lenovo tablet that would cost me no extra what so ever per month or upfront. I was reluctant to upgrade because I expressed my concern at the £67 a month cost over 24 months and was ready to walk away as I thought it was a lot of expense per month. The sales man then offered me a tablet but I declined as I said I don’t use them and don’t need them and was concerned that £60+ a month was a lot but he was adamant it was at no extra costs what so ever and it wouldn’t increase my monthly chargers or require an upfront cost. I must stress here I would not have taken it had it not been stressed that it would be at no extra costs and it definitely wasn’t explained that any additional contact line would be added at a cost of £12 a month for 24 months for a tablet I won’t use and don’t need. Having just checked my bill I’ve seen the additional line and I’m livid!!! 
had it been clearly explained that I was getting a new contract line and it was going to cost me £250+
for a tablet worth about £75 I would never gone ahead but as I’ve been a EE customer ( in some name or other) for over 20 years I just assumed I was signing the agreement for my phone upgrade it was never made clear that this was for An additional line. 
I have 3 contracts with EE and 2 of these are up for renewal shortly so I will be seeking to take my business elsewhere unless a suitable resolution is found. I’m just hoping you got somewhere with your complaint as it seems EE as quite content with the mis selling and mis leading practice of their staff from what I can see on the forums and have tended to fall back on “ but you signed it”  as a get out 

@Spectre_83   Did you read what you was signing before you signed it ?