cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold tablet and dishonest sales person

Jouchouche
Explorer

Hello.

We got a phone for our 11 year old daughter from one of your stores. We made it clear and greed with the sales person that our budget was around £35 a month and we ended up with more than £50 bill monthly as we were missold a 'free' tablet for an additional £20 a month. We repeated several times that we did not need the tablet and the sales person said that it was free.

This is a disgrace, really, especially when you are told that your total monthly bill will be £35 a month and that the tablet is free.

I will end my own contract with EE and my son's . I still cannot believe that things like that can be done. 

24 REPLIES 24

Yes James I have, they were the ones that logged it and told me to go to the store, which I did. 

The manager was very arrogant which wound me up and didn't want to know, he seems to think I signed a contract for it but it's not my signature.

So I'm awaiting for EE to do an investigation on this, but judging by the replies on here it's common practice it seems. 

I think I'll get in touch with the TV program, Rip Off Britain. 20 years plus I've been with EE and I've never experienced this rip off sales practice before.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the investigation team and I've heard nothing more yet I've got 4 phones on my contract too, so if nothings done come renewal day I'll not be dealing with EE again let me tell you! 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Woodster66,

You've done the right thing in raising a complaint.

The team will get back to you as soon as they've completed their investigation.

Thanks

James

Conductor
Visitor

Conductor

Sorry to hear from so many people. I'm afraid I have just fallen into the same trap.

The salesman brought the Tablet out and I quite clearly said I don't want or need a Tablet. I am 91 years of age.

I took it back to the shop the following day when the implication hit me and the manager was rude in the extreme.

"If you didn't want it why did you sign for it" etc. It was pointed out to me that I should have read the terms on the back of the contract which say NO cooling off period - he also said you probably won't be able to read it, it is so small!

Somehow not at all pleasant and customer services seem in a straight jacket on this subject.

I keep trying!!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm so sorry to hear that, @Conductor.

Please take a look at our complaints code. There is a complaint form to fill in on there. If you detail your experience on there, our complaints team will fully investigate it.

Chris

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It is disappointing to read that the free tablet "scam" is still going on.  I've had it when I've phoned EE, they are clearly told to push it as much as possible.  Free was mentioned several times and the monthly fee is skirted around and then they try to change the subject when asked about monthly cost.

The advice as always - Never buy anything from an EE store. Buy online or over the phone and you have a right to cancel within 14 days.