cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 Gen 7 Laptop Bundle (£55) - Confirmed Specs

priMa1
Contributor
Contributor

I just thought it would be helpful to clarify the specs that come with this £55 per month Laptop Bundle as there are no specs on the product page except for the suggestion that it comes with Ryzen 7, and talking to EE directly doesn’t bring about any clarification.

I ordered the bundle myself which came this morning and what came was the same specs as appears on the “Back to School Bundle” which is £42 per month. So it has Ryzen 5, 8GB Ram and 512GB SSD drive. At this point I’m unsure why it’s £300 more expensive to go for the Laptop Bundle at £55 as the only difference is you get 24 months of Norton Cyber Security, but the laptop itself comes with its own antivirus software as it’s running Windows 11 and you can find Norton Cyber Security separately for less than £300…

when deciding if you want to go for this laptop in general, just take under consideration that the Ram and SSD storage is upgradable (unlike the Samsung laptops) so you can easily (and cheaply) upgrade the RAM to 16GB or even 32GB (I recommend crucial memory upgrades, which are between £30-£50 on Amazon).

anywho, thought it would be helpful to clarify as the product pages and EE are less then helpful. 

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @priMa1 

It is an easy laptop to upgrade as well. 

I added another SSD, Dual Ram and upgraded the modem. 

On your question, no idea as it makes no sense. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yes 100%! I just went onto Amazon and saw the RAM upgrades by Cruvial for dirt cheap which is really good! (Sorry I added it into my post before seeing your reply) I didn’t know you could upgrade the modem too though, that’s worth looking into! 

with the fact it’s so upgradable I guess it’s better having a base model and upgrading yourself anyway in that case. Although I still wish it did have Ryzen 7, that model also have the 350 nits brightness too…