cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all those people who have been mis sold a tablet with their phone …

suefb60
Contributor
Contributor

This is in reply to Murt27 post - sorry I could not reply to your post ..

I fully appreciate your pain ! I was contacted by EE customer support after I posted a dissatisfied and negative comment - we were mis sold the tablet too .. and after speaking to customer services - very condescending man who attempted to lecture me on how negative feedback isn’t good for store morale ..  they agreed to cancel the tablet and I posted it back in packaging  they sent me. The store was unhelpful and rude, but customer services did sort it out eventually.

Good luck and stand your ground !

Sent from my iPhone

46 REPLIES 46

We were told exact same thing. Got a contract phone from EE store as hubby other had a virus n couldnt fix it,  and they threw in a tablet stating was free. Got home and nooo. Its not free. She even had nerve to say. Oh give it away if want its free. Its so much pm with extra 50 start fee. They printed out the paper contracts after we signed with our finger on their tablet. How can they be getting awsy with this. It seems they are doing this a lot. I have used that EE shop years n now turned against them. They said would send us two land line walk about phones I said I didnt want. Is there a charge on those two...going back tomorrow as within 14 day line.

@Ladywriter1968  The 14 day cooling of period doesn’t apply to store sales that’s online or phone sales only as that’s the law.  

But a misrepresentation of any contract by not declaring that the free tablet that you received  actually has a paid monthly contract attached to it is a misrepresentation of that sale.  You have to be told that the free tablet has month contract attached to it.   

I cannot understand how this still being allowed to happen. We got caught out before Covid and its still being mis-sold.

We couldn't get any refund and I'm still very annoyed about the lack of customer service from EE.

Good luck getting the issue sorted 😀

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ladywriter1968 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I would definitely recommend going back into the store and speak to the store manager. They will be able to look into this for you.

Chris

CharlotteLeight
Explorer
This SCAM is still happening!!! I’ve been a loyal EE customer for many years. Last year i went to upgrade my phone in store and gave a figure of the highest price I could afford to pay per month. The store clerk came back with a phone for that price but also told me that as a free gift included in the cost I also can take home a free tablet. I asked him numerous times if was really free as felt too good to be true. He was adamant that yes, it was free. He even mentioned that I’d won a competition. I thanked him profusely and took the tablet home with me. The tablet hardly worked and so I gave it to my daughter who used it a few times but it kept turning off so I assumed it was glitchy and not actually useful. No wonder it was free.

A year and a half on and I am out of contract on my phone and I call to speak to EE to upgrade. The sales rep informs me that that I have been paying £15 per month for a tablet on top of my bill. The tablet is was told was a free gift!

I am understandably devastated. I feel embarrassed, let down and completely scammed.

EE apologise but explain that I have to take it up with the store and that they will not do anything further. From reading others experience I can see this is pointless and once again EE are get away with deceiving customers. After coming off the phone I google the issue and turns out this scam has been going on since 2018 and is plastered all over the EE forums. So, EE must be well aware that they are marketing free gifts yet secretly charging customers which they think is their for own phone. I am going to O2 and leaving EE. Disgusted by this company and all the sales rep you employ.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CharlotteLeight,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did the member of the team you spoke to raise a complaint for you?

If they didn't, you can Fill out our complaints form (ee.co.uk) online and the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

James

Raised a complaint was laughable. Within 5 minutes received an automated text to say the case was closed. James, this has been happening for years as stated on your forums. You know raising a complaint is meaningless. They told me to go into the shop. Another pointless venture.