cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all those people who have been mis sold a tablet with their phone …

suefb60
Contributor
Contributor

This is in reply to Murt27 post - sorry I could not reply to your post ..

I fully appreciate your pain ! I was contacted by EE customer support after I posted a dissatisfied and negative comment - we were mis sold the tablet too .. and after speaking to customer services - very condescending man who attempted to lecture me on how negative feedback isn’t good for store morale ..  they agreed to cancel the tablet and I posted it back in packaging  they sent me. The store was unhelpful and rude, but customer services did sort it out eventually.

Good luck and stand your ground !

Sent from my iPhone

46 REPLIES 46
Keep on to them
It took us a while but in the end they took the tablet back !

Sent from my iPhone
HiSo sorry to hear this. This is what happened to my Mum.When we were told it was free we both asked again if actually free and no extra costs and were told in the shop yes.We were offered £70 by EE or told to go to the Ombudsman. I decided £70 wasn't enough for what my Mum had paid out and we lost the case, despite me sharing evidence from others that this had happened to.Very frustrating and definitely stressful as EE really don't care as they've made the extra money.Good luck with any claims you mange to sort with them
?Am shocked that they are still doing this blatant fraud - in my opinion.

They are clearly on commission!

I accepted back £90 off charges - now regret this - still stuck with it.

Looking forward to end of contract so I can use another provider.

Shameful business practice!

Nic
I annoyed as yet that no one has managed to actually get full compensation and for them to stop doing it. This happened to us over 3 years ago and yet still they are seemingly getting away with it.
Exactly !

Sent from my iPhone

I wish I'd seen these comments before upgrading mh daughters phone and accepting the 'free' tablet. 

Waiting on customer service to listen back to the telephone call where it was offered.....with no mention of an extra sim.& monthly ( 24 months!) Of data charges.

Shocking and I feel like such an idiot fir falling for this mis selling by such a big company. 

Don’t feel bad - it’s their fault not ours !

Sent from my iPhone
markbarwood
Visitor

I've been a customer of EEs for 11 years and I really found it awful that because of that I was aggressively sold a tablet that is not much bigger than my phone.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @markbarwood

Welcome to the community. 

Have you reported this to our customer care team?

When was the tablet sold? 

Katie

Ladywriter1968
Explorer

Hi there. Sueb60. We have had exactly the same trouble as you. Hubby went to get a contract phone yesterday only! and they threw in a tablet saying it was free. Oh its so free that we could give it away if we want, she said. When checked hard copy contracts when we got indoors, this is not the case. They kept trying to throw in other stuff on top which we didnt want. It was noisy in store with music playing, someone banging fixing something in store, that couldnt quite hear everything they said. Its really out of order for a business to operate this way. No way to treat customers. This is how people end up in debt. Tomorrow we will take it back and it within the 14 day period..I am glad you mentioned this on here...