cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all those people who have been mis sold a tablet with their phone …

suefb60
Contributor
Contributor

This is in reply to Murt27 post - sorry I could not reply to your post ..

I fully appreciate your pain ! I was contacted by EE customer support after I posted a dissatisfied and negative comment - we were mis sold the tablet too .. and after speaking to customer services - very condescending man who attempted to lecture me on how negative feedback isn’t good for store morale ..  they agreed to cancel the tablet and I posted it back in packaging  they sent me. The store was unhelpful and rude, but customer services did sort it out eventually.

Good luck and stand your ground !

Sent from my iPhone

46 REPLIES 46
Murt27
Investigator
Investigator

I am totally speechless reading all the mis-sold tablet posts as I now have the same issue. For what I lead to believe and told was a free tablet and all I was paying was £21 for my phone. The customer service in store at Exeter dealing with the manager was absolutely atrocious because I took back a previous phone the day before as the connection was poor. I spent 3 hours getting him to exchange the phone in which I was satisfied but took all that time and added stress for me. I gave him the tablet back and his words were 'you can keep that one'. There was no mention of paying for that tablet what so ever. I have been told I have to go back in store to attempt to resolve this issue and cancel the tablet that is costing me £20 per month and don't even use it. This is causing myself undue stress knowing that I have to go back in and deal with him again. If anyone knows another way I can do this please advise . 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Murt27.

Welcome to the community.

Sorry, the only way to return a tablet taken out in store would be to return to the store.

I'm sorry to have to advise this but it's not possible to return through another channel.

Jon

Thanks Jon. Had a telephone call with customer service and they told me I had to go to the store. My issues are that I wasn't told that I have to pay for the tablet and added pressure and anxiety to have approach the in-store manager who was totally rude. See what happens and if it's not rectified I I'm prepared to escalate this. End of contract I would have paid around £500 .....for an item I was not made aware of the details. Also CAB ect..

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@suefb60   Happy you got this resolved,  but a free tablet is just what you got you didn’t pay for it.    The contract that gives the tablet a network connection isn’t going to be free.    There a big difference right there. 

Yes of course but our issue is that when we are “given” the tablet along with our phone contract - at no point are we told that the tablet has to be paid for as an extra 

that is the argument that we are mis sold an item that we never asked for in the first place - we are offered it as an extra incentive to buy the phone …

Hi @suefb60 ,

If consumer credit was involved in the fraudulent tablet contract, the service provider may be guilty of financial fraud or be caught by other financial conduct rules.

EE Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the provision of consumer credit.

Misrepresentation and negligence would seem to be possible approaches. Legal advice would probably be required.

https://www.shlegal.com/news/financial-mis-selling-claims-a-checklist-for-carrying-out-initial-analy...

You may be interested to read about General Condition 8.

https://ee.co.uk/regulatory

What are these rules?
Our staff must be fully trained to be able to give customers all the
information that they need at the point of sale to decide about the services
and plans they are buying, whether they’re in-store, online, through our
telesales teams or through any of our partners.
What we are already doing
The principles that are covered in C8 are very much in line with we do today.
The basic rule is that when selling or marketing services we shouldn’t be
aggressive, dishonest, we shouldn’t mislead or deceive customers and we
shouldn’t contact customers in an inappropriate way. Some examples are:
Missing out important information, including information that isn’t true
or is half-true and is intended to provide false or misleading information
to deliberately deceive a customer when they are deciding to buy one
of our products or plan

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
suefb60
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mikeliuk

General condition 8 is well worth a read in terms and conditions if you feel you have been mis sold a tablet with your phone contract 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Murt27.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon