cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Blacklisting issue

Tanzmania
Explorer

Hi All,

i'm in the same situation with EE i have 2 phones on my account for the last 6 years and 1 of the phone got lost, i've reported to EE straightway by calling the customer service and was able to receive the proof of usage and barring

once i sent this documentation to Barclays Tech Insurance (Likewize) they reject all the time saying that the phone is not showing blacklisted on the shared database ( RECIPERO) that the IMEI is not showing Blacklisted

been going back and forward between insurance and EE, while still paying the phone monthly subscription i had to buy another iphone for the time being 

after speaking with them, they advised to ask EE a letter where they have to state they cannot blacklist the phone on that system 

PLease Help!!! is effecting my day to day and i'm getting stressed  

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Tanzmania.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these problems with the blacklisting status. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G ,

I have the exact same issue as @Tanzmania above - and with the same insurance company. They have rejected my proof of barring/blacklisting letter I received from EE, but the insurance company says the phone is not yet actually blacklisted. I've done some online checks myself to see if the phone is blacklisted but they show it is not.

My insurance claim is going to take even longer now, and the temporary phone I'm using at the moment is barely functional as it is so old. I really need to get this sorted as quickly as possible. Are you able to help?

Thanks,

Chris

Katie_B

Hello @Kristojaxx

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

When you have a moment please check your community inbox. 

Katie

Hi @Katie_B 
I had a exact the same issue with people above. Same insurer as well. I’m stuck in the middle between EE and the insurer. Insurer said the phone is unblacklisted and EE said the phone is Blacklisted in EE system. I did some check on the IMEI web checker and my IMEI is show unblacklisted in the web. 

Please help me with this problem, I have been a month already since a lost my phone.

Christopher_G

Hi @Myquach23 

I'm sorry to hear that. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Chris