cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no way to contact

gojeffgo
Investigator
Investigator

First of all there was no good location to select so I chose news and info.

I'm from the USA and I'm planning a trip to Scotland this summer. I've been trying to call or chat with someone from ee about what my options are and what the best store to go to will be based on where I'm going to be flying into. The number for the store closest to the airport doesn't get answered it just rings and rings. The number for "call our sales team" refuses to connect after it goes through the whole spiel and then says we're sorry we can't connect you call back later. And even though I've downloaded the app I can't do live chat either. I'm really surprised that ee is making it so difficult for potential customers to contact their company. It's definitely making me rethink who I want to go with while I'm over there. If anyone can suggest either a phone number that will be answered or a way that I can chat would even be better it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@gojeffgo : As a non-resident of UK you will be unable to take out a contract with you having no credit history here. So you'll be limited to buying a PAYG SIM, which can be obtained from kiosks & vending machines at your arrival airport as well as convenience stores dotted around.

Try calling EE Sales on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2 > option 4) .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for the reply. I tried both of those phone numbers and neither worked. The sales number was never answered and the customer service number would never connect me. That's why I ended up using this forum because there was no chat available to me either.

I am hoping to buy a Sim to use with my current phone but would prefer to buy it from a store where someone could install it for me as I'm not sure it's going to work or what other settings might need to be changed besides just installing the SIM. If the Sim doesn't work I was hoping to just buy a disposable or burner phone that I could use pay as you go for the time that I'm going to be there. Is that possible?  Would a store install the SIM for me and be able to adjust my phone so that it works?

Another question if you don't mind. Whenever I try to log on to the ee website on a laptop I have to click that I'm not a robot and then respond to the captcha pictures but it never ends every time I click verify it just puts up another set and another and another and another and another. The only way I can log on to the website is via my phone, which doesn't even ask for a captcha.  Any ideas of what's happening?

Thank you!

What time did you phone them? Obviously they are only open during working hours which today would close at 8 or 9 PM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I called during their local business hours. It is also shown on the website when they're open.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gojeffgo 

Could you give it a try again today please? Contact EE

Chris