cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of trade in iphone

janky007
Explorer

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 14 and sent my iPhone 11 back as a trade in on 20 October, that was a Royal Mail strike day whose service I used as it was printed on the Jiffy bag EE sent to return it in .

it’s now the day before the next day of Royal Mail strike and the package was sent using 48 hour tracked.

im been messaged saying the deadline is 27/10 to receive it. The courier site shows it at the final destination before reaching EE yet it’s stated that on 22/11 and it’s now later than I expected.

I’ve done my bit, I received the returns envelope on 20/11,posted same day. 2 days later it’s at the final post destination before reaching EE.

am I likely to get any leeway with the date as I’ve done all I can.

one other thing is they offered £12 a month off my bill to trade in my iPhone 11. EE state they are expecting a 64gb version but when they realise it’s a 128 would I get any extra money off?

I need Royal Mail to pull their finger out never mind strikes,I had exactly 7 days from receiving returns envelope to get the phone to them with 2 days of postal strikes in between so feel a bit rushed but I did my best

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@janky007  So you didn’t send back the device that you said you was trading in.  And if EE accept that device you’ll not get any more for it.  Don’t worry about the Royal Mail strike as that’s out of your hands.    Did you get proof of postage ? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@janky007  So you didn’t send back the device that you said you was trading in.  And if EE accept that device you’ll not get any more for it.  Don’t worry about the Royal Mail strike as that’s out of your hands.    Did you get proof of postage ? 

Thanks for the comment, I sent back the iPhone 11 128 gb yet I get reminders to post my 64gb iPhone 11 that I’ve never owned. Not too fussed about that as it’s only worth penny’s more.
I’ve got proof of postage and can track on couriers website where it says ready for delivery yet it’s said that for 3 days (over the weekend)

Thanks again for the comment, I appreciate it

Regards
James

xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

I have still not received my return bag for my trade in - can someone please help with this 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Have you been waiting longer than 7 working days? @Kimk2 

If so, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help.

Leanne.

Yes it’s been more than a week

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Please call us and the team can get this looked into for you @Kimk2 

Leanne 🙂