cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting IMEI number

EEruseless
Investigator
Investigator

Appalling response & service from EE stores online.

Ordered iPhone & the parcel has been tampered with.

I have requested for the IMEI number that’s on EE’s records as it’s not stated on the emailed invoice. I want to make sure there is no foul play as the item has clearly been accessed by someone!

Multiple emails sent to EE online as apparently, there is no phone number to contact EE stores on. 
Alls I’m requesting is the IMEI number so it can be cross checked. 

This should be a 5 min task at most!!

16 REPLIES 16
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EEruseless

Our customer care team will be open over the Easter weekend. 

Did you purchase this as a pay monthly contract or out right?

Katie

I have purchased the phone outright with no contract i.e sim free.

I already contacted EE customer service yesterday & earlier today over the phone & they couldn’t find my account or my order (they don’t deal with items bought online via ee stores). There is no record of my details on the system either.

It just seems suspicious the label on the box was peeled off & the box ripped open & the iPhone still inside.

Either the phone has been swapped in transit or someone was trying to steal the phone but got disturbed in doing so hence having the IMEI number would help to verify this but  enquire-store@ee.co.uk don’t have a direct line to contact. 
Clearly, having no customer helpline for the EE stores online team is of no help. There is a call back function where you input your details but again, radio silence from this team.

Not sure where to go from here as another response from your EE colleague is to report it asap but who to…to enquire-store@ee.co.uk? I have already done that.

If someone from your side can get through to them, that would be great.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EEruseless 

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, I have provided the requested details.
Could you let me know if you’ve managed to progress any further. Thanks 

Could you advise why I’m now being asked to call the EE call centre to see if they can help?

I’ve provided the requested information. From that, were you able to find my details / order?

If yes, then I shall call the customer services for next steps.

If no, then aren’t we just back to square one, & you are just passing the issue to someone else who won’t be able to help & wanting me to spend more on a call with no solution?

Please advise as soon as possible.

Update if anyone is in similar situation or need to contact estore online regarding an order from EE placed online: the  EE customer care team can’t help & there’s no point calling EE call centre as it’s a waste of time.

Despite anyone saying they are open every day or in bank holidays, the estore online team only operate between 9-5, Monday to Friday. They don’t work bank holidays either.

Funnily, I was going to purchase a phone from Amazon but heard negative press regarding phones not being  delivered. Regret purchasing from EE as at least with Amazon, I think this would have been resolved on the Wednesday already rather than a week later. I called  the EE call centre as no one on here could help & I have been advised to wait until Tuesday when the enquire team are working. Even for returns, you need to contact this online team before hand. From this experience, I would not recommend buying from EE as too much hassle if any issues arises.

manc_mikeh
EE Employee

Would recommend you speak to the Lost & Stolen team, they're available 24/7, 365 - 

From your EE mobile - 150

From any other phone - 07953 966 150