cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response regarding returns

Keroro79
Investigator
Investigator

I bought a Quest 3 headset from the online store.  It arrived last week and is faulty (overheats and shuts off).  I gave it a few days and it was still happening so I tried to initiate a refund.

I filled in the refund form on EEs site. This was a couple of days ago but I haven't heard anything back.  I tried also emailing EE, and again have had no response.

Has anyone had to do a return through the online store and what was your experience?  I haven't even had a confirmation email response and there is no way to contact them by phone or web chat for online store orders!

14 REPLIES 14
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Keroro79 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you purchase the Meta Quest 3 and have added this to an EE account to pay monthly, or did you make a full payment on the EE Store? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi. The payment was in full on the online store.
Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Keroro79 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to have a look into this and find out what's happening with your return.

Chris

None of the options on that page relate to the online store.  I tried ringing the main EE number, and again, no option relating to the online store, so I went through to the first option (mobile phones) and was told they are unable to put me through to someone for the online store and that I need to email.  I emailed Complaints (which is supposed to have a 16 hour response time) and more than 24 hours later, no reply.

This has been going on for 4 days now without a response and Im left with a £500 faulty item.  If there is no movement by the end of the day, my only recourse is to do a chargeback on my credit card, and contact Citizens Advice / Trading Standards.

Katie_B

Good morning @Keroro79

Have you been able to email the store team on enquire-store@ee.co.uk?

If not I would recommend emailing them. 

The link can be found on this page HERE

Katie

As mentioned on my original post, I have tried the online form, and email.  I have now also trie to phone, and have emailed complaints.

Katie_B

Thanks @Keroro79

I just wanted to check it is the same email. 

If your goods arrive faulty or become faulty within 6 month we would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for a warranty refund, repair or replacement.

More information on this can be found HERE

Katie 

I have already contacted them. I spent 2 hours with Meta's support. They
confirmed there was a fault and offered a replacement but advised that the
retailer, ie. EE is responsible for refunds as they are the ones which
sold the item.

I've spent an hour on the phone to EE this morning and was promised a
callback - still nothing.

EE have sold a faulty item. It is their responsibility to refund the item
under UK law but have so far ignored any emails. I have spokent to my
credit card company who have advised me to give it until Monday for EE to
organise a return and if not to apply for a chargeback on my credit card.
Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Keroro79

Did the manufacturer provide you with a fault number/document to provide to our customer service team to process the return?

Is there an option to process a return within your account?

Katie