cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Upgrade When Your Current Phone Is Brokem

KerryHolland911
Explorer

I'm trying to upgrade my phone now that my current one has finally died. It was due for an upgrade.

However the only way to process the order is via a pin being sent to my current phone... which the point of me doing this is cos it's broken. There doesn't seem a nother way to do it and no one has responded to my email complaint.

Surely there must be a nother way to do it as ungrading due to a phone being broken would be expected and quite common? Doesn't make sense for this to be the only way to order an upgrade. I also do not currently have a phone full stop now and none to borrow and besides the complaint form, the only way to contact customer service is via... phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would suggest visiting an EE store, or find a friend or relative with a working phone. Most people will have access to another means of calling. When you call in, the CS agent can verify your account password.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE have no published email address, so not sure where you have sent that.

You can upgrade a phone by calling EE CS, they can be contacted on 0800 0798586 from any working phone. The OTP-PIN is a security measure to prevent unathorised third parties upgrading a phone without the account holders' knowledge or consent.

Yeah, that's the problem I highlighted - my phone is broken and I have no access to another working phone. I have no one to borrow one from - they've not made that accessable for people who their mobile is the only phone they are access to - it's a catch 22.

And it's not a security measure it it locks out the person who's account and phone it is, from actually up grading it, their has to be other methods for different situations. Not one size fits all. This is frustrating.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would suggest visiting an EE store, or find a friend or relative with a working phone. Most people will have access to another means of calling. When you call in, the CS agent can verify your account password.

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Your only option if you don't have a friend or family member's phone to pop your SIM in is to go to an EE store.

They should have a phone that you can put your SIM in even if it's a dumb phone.

I'd make sure to bring ID with you.