cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE messed up my upgrade, now they want to charge me to return items?!

MC351
Explorer

Hi

I had a contract with EE that expired and was thinking of upgrading.

I received a F&F discount code, but could not apply it to my internet order and called your reps.

After explaining the situation to a rep (I have his contact details) he informed me that the discount can be applied after the upgrade has been processed - he will fill in a form for me. Turns out I already had a discount (out of contract - so that is why I was not able to apply the F&F discount, even though I mentioned that I was out of contract already to 3 different reps I spoke to, not 1 mentioned there is already a discount which is why the F&F discount does not work).

I then called again and a different rep told me that I can return the device and he will get me another upgrade. Nope, he just went ahead an added a second contract.

I requested a returns for the first upgrade via email, which was not acknowledged (I have the email proof of when I submitted the return). After a few days of not hearing anything I called again.

So the first returns was missed and that is when I found out that the second upgrade will not be at the price we agreed to. Conveniently you can't find that call.

So yesterday I called and decided to cancel contracts with you (all within the 14 days), I specifically asked the rep (and I quote) "What are the charges?", to which she responded (and I quote again) "You will not be out of pocket".

Now I have received my first returns and you want me to pay for special delivery! And I assume you will expect this for the second return?!

I specifically asked, I can see the return cost is displayed online, but it was not mentioned by 1 of your representatives!

All this has come about a mistake on your end.

I filled a complaint last night, but I do not know how long this will take and I am sick of it.

I want you to honor your agreement and get this sorted without me being "out of pocket"!

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MC351

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with this upgrade, it certainly isn't the kind of experience we want for our customers.

Thank you for filling in the online webform. Our complaints team will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible to try and find a resolution.

Please keep us updated on what happens.

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry too as I was quite angry when writing the complaint last night.

I will wait for a response from the complaints team, but I will stand by what I wrote in the complaint that I will not pay the return costs, since the fault originated from EE's end.

I hope the team gets back to me quickly, as the phones will just be sitting in drawer, and I do not want to then get hit with a "Well, the phones were not returned within the specified time so we are going to charge you for *insert some reason*".

I really do apologize if I come off rude, I know the reps tried their best, but obviously some better communication is needed and I am tired.

Will update this once I get a response.

All the best

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

You absolutely didn't come off as rude, @MC351.

I hope you manage to get sorted and look forward to hearing what happens with the complaint that you submitted.

Chris