cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non trade in charge

James8320
Explorer

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a 14 pro max to a 15 pro max. I used the upgrade anytime feature after owning the phone for around 12 months. I received an email about trading my phone in that states the following

If we don’t receive the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB by April 07, 2024, your trade in discount will expire and a £550 charge will be added onto your next bill. This will appear as a “Non Trade In” charge.”

So my question is if I fail to return the phone will this affect my monthly bill which will be £92 going forward or would I just be charged the non trade in charge?

I have called EE regarding this and nobody could give me an answer. The reason I ask is I wouldn’t mind keeping the phone if it will just cost me £550 on my next bill but I wouldn’t want it to change my monthly payment.

thanks for reading 

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @James8320 ,

Welcome to the community,

It should not affect your monthly bill, as this would count as an advance payment, which you have to pay and then the rest of the payment of the new phone is included in your monthly contract. Not sure why no-one at customer service could give you an answer, which department did you speak to? '

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Possibly because I got through to the sales team, my mistake. The lad did say he had gone through to billing and they didn’t know either. Might give billing a call soon just thought I’d ask on here while I’m working and see if anybody could shed any light.
I’ve had a look online and to buy the same phone and same tariff is £92 so I guess I should be okay to go ahead and keep the phone and just pay the £550 on my next bill.
Hope so.
Sent from my iPhone