cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not collect parcel in store due to my passport being travel document.

Foziiilovna__
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

Today I went in to collect my parcel which was the AirPods, I have been customer in this company for years now. I had my passport but the difference was that due to my status mine is travel document, I never had issue with it before. I do not hold a driving licence but I had my ID and travel document they stated that I cannot collect it because both of my documentation is not valid. This is absolutely frustrating for me because these are the only documents I can hold and why can I not collect my parcel. I would appreciate if you could explain why my documents is not valid and what I’m supposed to do? 

Thank you, 

kind regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Foziiilovna__  You should be showing photo ID as per the T&Cs of picking up an item.  You have to show photo ID for home delivery.  

Foziiilovna__
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I did bring though, my passport which is travel document is literally the same has my picture address details. I use it to travel. So how does that make sense?

thank you, 

Kind regards.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Foziiilovna__

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being a travel document. I thought all passports were travel documents. Could you let us know what the difference is between yours and a conventional one?

Chris

Hello @Christopher_G 

The only difference between actual British passport and a Travel document is that British passport states that you’re fully British while Travel document allows people who are refugees be able to travel etc. They both look alike however Travel document contains few more information inside it. The only thing that was weird is that ID is not considered and I want to understand why because that’s a part of identity proof as well. 

Thank you, 

Kind regards. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for that extra information, @Foziiilovna__

I've managed to find some pictures of a Home Office Travel Document. Unfortunately, with them not being one of our accepted proofs of ID, our store would not be able to accept it.

Chris

Hello @Christopher_G 

So, with my case of not having driving licence and this being the only proof of ID what else could be a possible way for me. Could you please help me out in future reference as well. Of course now I’ll try to get my provisional licence and then work up but apart from that? 

Thank you, 

Kind regards.

Christopher_G

They can only accept a Passport or Full UK Driving License, @Foziiilovna__.

An alternative would be to order the items to be delivered to your home address where a family member can use their ID to sign for your parcel, as long as they have the same surname.

Chris