Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy phone from EE shop?

treez
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

I have just bought a new mobile phone and have started a new contract with EE.  However, the phone does not have "vibrate" mode for receiving calls. As such, i wish to change it. If i buy one from an EE shop, will i be gauranteed able to use this SIM in the new phone? EE kindly sent me this SIM, and its only today  its had my old number transferred to it, from my old phone, which unfortunately i cannot use as O2 locked it and wouldnt release it.

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @treez 

Thanks for coming back here. 

The SIM card will work in any EE or unlocked device if the SIM card size is the same for the new phone. 

Hope this helps. 

Leanne. 

treez
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks, incidentally, i actually have a smart phone which got cut off years ago as i never used it......if i put my SIM card in that, will i be able to use it?.......also, what phone number will it then have......does the phone number "follow the SIM"?

The provider was O2 for that smartphone, but i now have no dealings with them...i bought it in 2018...i bought it on a 6 month thing. I guess o2 will have locked the smart phone up like they did with my dumb phone?

O2 woudlnt release my old dumb phone which was on PAYG with them.....and i had to buy a new  dumb phone, or else be phone -less.

EE's deal was better as it included my mobile broadband router aswell.

@treez  The number is on the sim not the device.  It should work with your other device provided that device is network unlocked/or not blacklisted 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The SIM provides a link to your account which provides your number.

The phone just provides the computer & radio functionality.