Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd complaint in 2 months

Rlarkin1
Investigator
Investigator

Good evening,

Last month after I had been with EE for 6 months on a SIM only plan, I was told I could upgrade to a handset. I went on webchat and went through all the usual what type of phone, colour, size etc, and the advisor said, thanks for your order, please await 24 hours for a text from DPD. Brilliant. Several hours later, I had a text from EE to say "sorry, due to your credit class, you cannot upgrade at the moment" - so I went back to EE over the phone and said, that's fine if my credit isn't good enough, but please explain why the advisor said your order has been processed, signed the contract on both ends, says wait for a text from EE and DPD, but then I can't get it.

Anyway, as I made a complaint I received a call from an advisor that apologised and applied credit onto my account as compensation , and that I should not have been told that my order was successfully processed and await a text from DPD. They then said, wait till next month as you may be able to upgrade then instead.

So yesterday, I spoke to an advisor and they said yes we can upgrade you, but you need to pay £60 upfront due to your poor credit class with EE. I said no problem, I'll do that tomorrow then. So today, the advisor said, sure we can upgrade you, we don't need an upfront cost. I thought brilliant. Spent almost 30 mins going through the order, signed the contract, both ends, then the advisor said, thanks I'll process your order, then 5 mins later said, sorry we cant process your upgrade.

This is the 2nd time now in 2 months I have been told I can upgrade, regardless of my credit class, but then at the very end after signing everything, they say they can't. 

I am not disputing your credit class system. I am disputing why different advisors are telling me different things each time. It is very frustrating and I believe a 2nd complaint has been logged. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rlarkin1 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. Checking credit class and deposits is part of the upgrade process and should have been checked each time. Please keep us updated on what happens with your complaint.

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rlarkin1 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. Checking credit class and deposits is part of the upgrade process and should have been checked each time. Please keep us updated on what happens with your complaint.

Chris