cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I click the link for Apple TV trial, the app says it will "renew" today

nothingmatters
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just trying to sign up for the free 6 months, but the iOS app says it will renew on 4th Jan (i.e today), and that it's £8.99 "starting today".

So I'm not sure whether to click subscribe, and it'll automatically apply the free months afterwards? I don't want to click subscribe unless I'm sure.

47 REPLIES 47
TB444
Visitor

@nothingmatters 

Thanks so much for posting this solution! The same thing happened to me. Your solution worked perfectly.

I wasted half an hour trying to make the link work and thinking it was user error. Thank goodness Google led me to your post.

How disappointing that EE is still sending out faulty links.

Anyway, thanks again 🙂

Well done this worked for me! Surprised Ee hasn't fixed this bug yet 🙄

Triangles22
Visitor

I was sent a text today for Apple TV+ that did not work. This advice worked immediately.

Wild that EE haven't fixed this solution with a URL that clearly doesn't work.

1st May and they are still sending out the incorrect link. I’ve wasted hours trying to sort this out up until now. I will try your ‘fix’ when I wake up and fingers crossed it will work. 

Good morning, just tried the ‘&a’ fix and still don’t have my 6 months Apple TV. It still takes me to the app and offers me the 7 days free trial. Help! I’m stuck. 

Perhaps just try this, replacing just the “NNN”s with the number from your URL?

tv.apple.com/gb/carrier?p=EE_ATV6M&a=NNNNNNNN

Hopefully that will work. 

I did use the numbers from the original message ee sent me, just inserted the &a after 6M exactly where you said. 🤦‍♀️

What a legend 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🍻

You should work for EE.