cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

We want to let you know that on 12th October 2023, the BT Sport app will close.

As part of our partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery, the discovery+ app is the new streaming home for TNT Sports, replacing the BT Sport app. This means that to continue watching TNT Sports online including features such as TimeLine Markers, 4K HDR and full event replays, you will need to download the discovery+ app. This will only impact the way you watch sports online. Nothing else in your package is changing, and you can keep watching the TNT Sports channels as usual.

With the discovery+ app, you'll be able to enjoy football, rugby and UFC from TNT Sports as well as cycling, tennis and snooker on Eurosport. You'll also get real-life entertainment too, all included in your existing subscription. 

If you have already activated TNT Sports on the discovery+ app, you don't need to do anything. However, if you still need to activate, please visit our discovery+ on BT TV page.

Check out the BT Sport frequently asked questions.

14 REPLIES 14
Christopher_G

Thanks for trying that, @Andyfagan and @Steelman57 

If it still isn't working after activating the subscription, I suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team again so they can check everything from our side for you.

Chris

Steelman57
Investigator
Investigator
Exactly. The sport app is part of my bt package, the tv has activated but the app won't activate.....unless I spend extra money like you've found, not very good really. 

It seems EE are baffled too judging by the replies on Twitter.

Think I'll give the All Rounder plan a miss on my upgrade as the only Inclusive Extra that seems to work reliably is Apple Music.

Sounds easy. It’s not. I’ve tried EE support and Discovery+ support.  Wasted hours and no joy. 

Asks for my BT account, but I only have EE mobile account.  Round in circles. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Lettermuck 

Welcome to the community.

When did your current contract start? Was it before or after 15 July 2023? Are you using the discovery+ app?

Chris