cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

We want to let you know that on 12th October 2023, the BT Sport app will close.

As part of our partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery, the discovery+ app is the new streaming home for TNT Sports, replacing the BT Sport app. This means that to continue watching TNT Sports online including features such as TimeLine Markers, 4K HDR and full event replays, you will need to download the discovery+ app. This will only impact the way you watch sports online. Nothing else in your package is changing, and you can keep watching the TNT Sports channels as usual.

With the discovery+ app, you'll be able to enjoy football, rugby and UFC from TNT Sports as well as cycling, tennis and snooker on Eurosport. You'll also get real-life entertainment too, all included in your existing subscription. 

If you have already activated TNT Sports on the discovery+ app, you don't need to do anything. However, if you still need to activate, please visit our discovery+ on BT TV page.

Check out the BT Sport frequently asked questions.

14 REPLIES 14
LiverpoolOne
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sounds like EE now has six weeks to sort out all of the issues people are having transferring over to TNT Sports on Discovery+

Christopher_G

Hi @LiverpoolOne 

I know that yours is working, from the other thread you were posting on. 

Users need to head to discovery+ on BT TV to activate their subscription. If anyone posts about this with a problem, we'll do our best to help.

Chris

LiverpoolOne
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks Chris,

Yes I’m glad I was able to resolve this in the end, though this was despite rather than because of the many attempts of EE and BT technical support, and I’m still waiting for an apology from EE.

You make the process sound simple….. I’m just making the point that it hasn’t been for many people and there is now a looming deadline.

Iwannakill
Contributor
Contributor

BT Sport App on my PS4 isn’t being effectively  being disabled until after the 12th and by then let us hope the Discovery + App is available there. If anyone else watches BT Sport the same way DO NOT activate Discovery+ until you absolutely have to. 

Titan3105
Visitor

Hi Chris

I have activated discovery plus but unable to now watch live sport?

It asks me to contact my provider on how to watch.

Any urgent help gratefully appreciated 

Kind regards

Paul Jones

Steelman57
Investigator
Investigator
Same here, I've been trying for a while now, however I think the bottom line is the Yanks want you to pay extra for the Discovery + app, not for me. 
Christopher_G

Hi @Titan3105 and @Steelman57 

If you've activated your discovery+ subscription, you should be able to watch TNT Sports through the discovery+ app.

Chris

Steelman57
Investigator
Investigator
Yes mate, on the tv I can but not the app, which comes with my btsports package but not discovery+ unless I pay for it.
Andyfagan
Visitor

I've activated my Discovery+ account but I still can't watch TNT sports on Discovery+ - either on the app or via the website.

It just redirects me to a link to "upgrade my pass" for £30 a month.

This appears to be a very common problem - what exactly is the fix?