cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam abroad cost increase

Brian141
Visitor

Why has the cost of the roam abroad pass increased from £10 (August 2023) to £25 now? If I am away from home on either side of my billing date then I will be charged twice. Why should my billing date affect how I am charged? How can EE justify the massive price rise?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Brian141 wrote:

Why should my billing date affect how I am charged? 

@Brian141 : That's the way EE has implemented it.

The Roam Abroad Pass costs £25 per billing month from the billing month you order it (text ROAMING PASS to 150) until the billing month you cancel it (text STOP ROAMING PASS to 150). For all billing months during which you have the Pass it is charged at the full £25. However if the Pass is carried over from the 1st billing month to the next it will be charged pro-rata for that 1st month alone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

They don't actually need to justify it they can charge what they like but seeing as we are outside the EU now thanks to certain people we don't benefit from what we used to, you can thank the 52% for that.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below