cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roaming charges - need clarification on £2.29 per day vs. Roam Abroad Pass

carcon1
Investigator
Investigator

Having just been overcharged £65 for roaming passes I did not ask for or need, I realise ee implements a policy of obfuscation in regard to the rules about cancelling a roaming pass. I put this as a warning to others. If you do not actively cancel your roaming pass, you will continue to be charged for it on a monthly basis until you notice. My complaint produced an offer of compensation of 50% of the total overcharged despite them confirming I did not use the roaming facility after the first monthly pass requested. Strikes me as a cynical ploy to get money out of customers who do not religiouly check bank accounts monthly. I am escalating the complaint to the ombudsman and would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing. 

3 REPLIES 3
carcon1
Investigator
Investigator
Ah, but I WAS charged for 3 month's worth of roaming passes that I did not use!
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @carcon1,

The Roam Abroad Pass is a monthly recurring add-on that remains on your account until cancelled.

James

Yes, I realise this James, ... now! I did not realise that at the time otherwise clearly I would have cancelled it after the one month pass I thought I had ordered. My point is, that it is difficult to know from the EE website that having requested a pass for one month, a customer will then have to cancel manually to avoid being charged ad infinitum. This is a product most people use to cover a finite period of work or holiday overseas. There is no reason to make this a rolling contract unless EE  sees it as a good way to make money out of customers who fail to cancel. Furthermore, once the customer realises the error, and EE confirm that no roaming services were used, why not refund the overcharge in the name of good customer relations? EE has refused to do this.