cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE marketing texts won't stop even when I text 'stop' to 2040

mikekatell
Explorer

I've been texting "STOP" to 2040 since December and the marketing texts keep coming. What else can I do to get them to stop? I've tried at least 10 times - each time getting a reply saying "Thanks for your reply. We'll remove you from all future EE text message campaigns..." but they just keep coming. They say it may take up to 30 days, but I've been doing this and getting the same reply since December 2023, if not earlier. 

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mikekatell 

Are you sure these messages are from EE. 

Have you changed your preferences as detailed here: 

https://store.ee.co.uk/help/managing-your-account/how-do-i-remove-myself-from-your-mailing-lists

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

These are definitely messages from EE. I followed that link which required a new registration on the 'store' site (already registered on the main site, so that was weird) and I updated my communications preferences but there was no preference option to opt our of marketing messages by SMS. The messages I receive are def from EE. They say things like "Hi from EE. We're added our free Business Caller ID feature to your plan. This means if a business is listed with this service, you'll see their name...." and "Hi from EE. As you have a Spend Cap, we've now barred some chargeable services..."