cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add xbox gamepass to my account

Neilmck33
Visitor

Hi, I've recently switched from BT broadband to EE broadband (yes, I know it's the same) and I had added XBOX gamepass to my BT account. Obviously when the account switched that subscription expired.

When I try to add it via the account page - (app or web browser on laptop) I can get to the page to add it (for £0 which is a nice surprise) but when I click on "add" it simply returns an error saying "can't do that right now, try again later".

Is this an issue with the service or with the account switchover?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight.

9 REPLIES 9
robjouk
Investigator
Investigator

I have also just tried and got the same issue.

Davewato
Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone managed to sort this?? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Neilmck33.

If you are unable to add the Xbox Game Pass to your account online please give us a call on 150. 

Our customer care team will be more than happy to help get this added for you. 

Katie 🙂

robjouk
Investigator
Investigator

I have just spoken to 150 and it has been passed to the backend team and they are saying 5 days.

Hope not the same team trying to merge our accounts.

thanks

Rob

Rlarkin1
Investigator
Investigator

Having the same issue. I thought it was just me. (I know I’m commenting on an old post here) 

Leanne_T

Hi @Neilmck33 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have a mobile or broadband account? 

Have you received a text or email with a link to set up the Game Pass? 

Leanne.

Hi, 

Yeah I have a mobile and broadband account. I took the broadband out a few weeks ago and they said it comes with 6 months free games pass. I spoke to live chat and unfortunately they’ve attempted to add the £12 a month on my bill. I said, is this free? They said yes, but my add on says £12 per month so I refuse to activate it. 

let me screenshot the issue. 

IMG_0210.png

It won’t allow me to add that, also the advisor over live chat has added the £12 per month to my bill gamespass  which I said no it was supposed to be free.  

John-C

Hi @Rlarkin1, sorry you're having trouble claiming the Game Pass. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us for help.

Cheers

John