cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Light Card & EE Perk Discount codes not working

TerryPendi
Investigator
Investigator

My Wife & I have been customers since the Orange / T-Mobile days, and both work for the NHS. For a few years we have been utilising the EE Perk code which gives us 20% off handsets/plans for the duration of the contract as emergency workers. 

I have been trying to upgrade my wife's phone for the last 3 days and the website does not accept the BLC Code nor the code generated on EE Perks (both are only 3 days old). It gives the same error that this coupon cannot be applied/is not valid. To rule out an issue on my end, I have tried this on 4 different devices (using 2x browsers on each) and it gives the same error for both codes.

I even tried every plan available for the phone we wanted, and a few other phones with random plans -- no change. For full transparency, we were looking to upgrade to an Oppo Reno8 on a 24 month contract.

I've searched through the Terms & Conditions on the EE Emergency Discount webpage which states:

Which Discounts can the discount be applied to?
Eligible plans include: ​

• 12 or 24 month SIM only plans ​(excluding changing from 24 month handset to 12 month SIM only downgrade)
  • 12 or 24 month 4GEE tablet/mobile broadband plans ​
  • 24 month handset plans (excluding 10% Multi Plan Saving, Early Upgrade Discount, Friends & Family, Time limited offers, Gift with purchase)

Please note discount cannot be applied to 5G plans.

I have highlighted the important bit which I assume is preventing me from using the code, as the order does not state if the plan is 4G or 5G.

Are all EE plans 5G by default when a 5G phone is selected? We have no interest in using the 5G network and are more than happy to remain on 4G... however it doesn't look like I can select this anywhere.

Can anyone help please, as I'm not sure what else to try. It's been noted that this code only works online, so I haven't tried calling 150 yet.

Cheers!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @TerryPendi

Welcome to the EE Community. 

EE Perk can be used on 5G plans. 

Thanks for flagging this with us I will report this to the relevant team and get this updated accordingly. 

Could you please confirm if the plans you are selecting are showing any discounts in your basket?

This could be a multi line discount of 10% or the plan being on offer.

Speak soon, 

Katie

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ch1121
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would recommend contacting ee

Katie_B

Hello @TerryPendi

Welcome to the EE Community. 

EE Perk can be used on 5G plans. 

Thanks for flagging this with us I will report this to the relevant team and get this updated accordingly. 

Could you please confirm if the plans you are selecting are showing any discounts in your basket?

This could be a multi line discount of 10% or the plan being on offer.

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi Katie, thanks for your reply.

I've just gone to try again so I can get you a screenshot, but something has changed today. The Blue Light code now has a new error code that states the code is invalid & I need to refer to the T&Cs -- however, the EE Perk Code is now working! 

Previously, both would show the same error that the code could not be applied to this plan so something must have changed today.

I'm not sure if you had any part to play in getting this fixed, but I'm still going to give you all of the praise and applaud anyway. Thank you so much Katie!

Katie_B

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know this has now worked @TerryPendi

If you have any further questions please be sure to let us know. 

Have a great day, 

Katie

Ky13Yeh
Visitor

I have the same issue trying to use my nhs code.

Katie_B

Hello @Ky13Yeh

Welcome to the community. 

Are you receiving an error message?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Nicolajwardy
Visitor

I am also having this issue today when trying to upgrade- comes up with a message saying the code is invalid.

James_B

Hi @Nicolajwardy,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is the plan you are selecting already discounted?

James