Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV - 6 months, how to claim?

SoufferTheCat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,
I already have an EE account and claimed the 6 months AppleTV+ about a year ago - cannot remember how I did it, but I did, all worked etc.
I've recently taken a second connection for my account - wife is using this. All working, SIM has arrived, number ported etc. This second connection also apparently gave me another 6 months AppleTV+. 
If I text "TV PLUS" to 150 on the new connection, I am informed that my 6 month AppleTV subscription ends on January 27th. All good, however I've not received a link or code to actually activate the offer.
If I go Products>Add-Ons from "My EE" and then select "AppleTV+ 6 months free" and click on "Add" I'm told I'm "one click away from getting this offer" - I click through and get this:

AppleTV.jpgCan anyone tell me how I actually get my activation link for this offer? Apparently it has started, but I've got no way of using it. 

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SoufferTheCat 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If the link in My EE is not working for you, please call us on 150 and the team will help you get set up for Apple TV+. 

Leanne 🙂

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hi @SoufferTheCat 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If the link in My EE is not working for you, please call us on 150 and the team will help you get set up for Apple TV+. 

Leanne 🙂

My ee text link for Apple tv+ didn't work. I then tried 150 which directed me to a new service to verify my ask. That service informed me that it would send me a link via text but none arrived. No Apple tv and I can't speak to anyone. It might take 24 hours for my text link to be active so I'll check back tomorrow but the new service feels like it might need looked at.

Donald

Katie_B

Hi @Don321

Thanks for coming here. 

Please be sure to let us know if you do not receive your link. 

Katie

Jackhammer10
Visitor

If anyone is trying to active there 6 months free Apple TV follow these steps.

1: text Tvplus to 150,

2: when EE gets back to you text YES back 

3: EE will text back with a link will be something like 

http://tv.apple.com/gb/carrier?p=EE_ATV6M=1472441545

4: click the link and it will take you too the App Store and you will have to install AppleTV app.

5: it will look like it hasn’t worked as it’ll still say get 7 days free trial here.

6: close down the app and reopen and you should be good. My iPhone and ATV box I got with EE worked straight the way. 
it took some googling though, they should just issue a redemption code in the box with the ATV imo. 

if you text OFFERS to 150 they will text you some code words to see various info about you mobile plan. I hope this helps 

Katie_B

Thanks for coming here and providing these steps @Jackhammer10

Katie 🙂

SoufferTheCat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just for anyone finding the thread - this of course doesn't work on Android phones where there is no Apple TV app available.