Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music ‘added extra’

Jon_777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I have one inclusive extra on my recent EE contract. I opted for Apple Music a couple of weeks ago. My account says I’ve activated it but can’t find any evidence of it on my apple account. When I go to subscriptions at the bottom of the page is ‘EE plan benefits’ and if I click that I get the message ‘Your mobile plan does not include any new subscriptions to Apple services’

I have restarted my phone and uninstalled Apple Music. Neither did anything. My number is correct on the phone and have only one apple account.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

John

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jon_777  You should have received a text for you to use to link your EE smart benefit to your Apple Music account.  You need to call customer service ms about this. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jon_777  You should have received a text for you to use to link your EE smart benefit to your Apple Music account.  You need to call customer service ms about this. 

Jon_777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris.

Had a look back through texts from EE and don’t seem to have received the text? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Jon_777

@Chris_B is right, a link should have been sent to your mobile to complete your set up. 

If you have not received this and your plan is showing no available benefits please follow the advice provided and get in touch with our customer care team on 150. 

Katie

Jon_777
Contributor
Contributor

To update. I spoke to Jay at EE Tech support. We went through all the usual things, reboot, uninstall the Music app etc. He sent me another text with link that would activate Apple Music and turning off Wi-Fi (as I was in my house) and following the link, opened Apple Music and it seemed to be doing the right thing on my account but once finished there was no sign of the EE subscription. One thing we did wonder about is that I still have a couple of days left of subscription to Apple Music as I cancelled my sub on taking a fresh contract with EE - Could this be the thing holding up the EE sub. So Sunday my sub expires and I’ll try again the activate the EE sub. 

Got to say Jay was very helpful and pleasant to talk too and ringing me back Monday to see if I’ve progressed. Having been with Vodafone for a few years I’m not used to helpful tech support 🤣 

How did you get on with this? Any luck once your previous subscription expired? I'm having a very similar issue

Katie_B

Good morning @AW_05

Welcome to the community. 

When did you select Apple Music as your inclusive extra?

Does it show within your add-ons in your My EE account?

Katie

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your response. I can confirm that I have Apple Music set as my inclusive extra on my account. I have also received the text message with the link to complete.

I did have a previous Apple Music sub which I have cancelled. However, isn’t doesn’t expire until later this month.

My personal Apple Music sub expired at the weekend and now when I go to check my subscriptions Apple Music is at the bottom of the list and down as expired BUT, Apple Music is still working as though as if I was subscribed so presume the EE added extra must be working. EE tech support say Apple Music is activated on my account. Like I say when I check out my subscriptions Music has expired and no mention of EE. Maybe this is how it works? I’m not grumbling and so long as it works for lifetime of my plan I’ll be happy!

Leanne_T

Hi @Jon_777 

If you go to your iCloud Settings on the iPhone, then Subscriptions > EE Plan Benefits, does Apple Music show? 

Leanne 🙂