cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 mins to anywhere not working

TM74
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I'm in Cape verde and obviously outside of the EU, I run a buisness so before I travelled I added 100 mins to anywhere to be activated to allow me to be able to receive calls and little did I know this had not been the case so I can't make calls or receive calls without extortionate charges ...the whole reason I pre planned this was to avoid such scenario bit to say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

Can anyone at EE shed any light as your messenger doesn't work on the app nor can I make calls , totally unacceptable serves from one of the big ones apparently 🤔 🙄 

11 REPLIES 11

Well, did you activate roaming before you left UK?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

To add to the same line of questioning, did you receive a welcome text message on first arrival?

As already mentioned but not responded to, a billing add-on does not of itself enable the roaming facility - it is this which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks and is therefore crucial for foreign usage. Without the ability to connect to foreign networks, your phone will have no service abroad with obvious consequences for its ability to make & receive calls or send & receive texts.

This is why the question of whether you activated roaming prior to leaving the UK is fundamental here.