cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 mins to anywhere not working

TM74
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I'm in Cape verde and obviously outside of the EU, I run a buisness so before I travelled I added 100 mins to anywhere to be activated to allow me to be able to receive calls and little did I know this had not been the case so I can't make calls or receive calls without extortionate charges ...the whole reason I pre planned this was to avoid such scenario bit to say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

Can anyone at EE shed any light as your messenger doesn't work on the app nor can I make calls , totally unacceptable serves from one of the big ones apparently 🤔 🙄 

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TM74 

Welcome to the community. 

Is your phone connected to a mobile network? Have you tried restarting your phone?

Which add-on did you choose? The phrase '100 minutes to anywhere' says that it could be an add-on for calling from the UK to abroad.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The roaming calls add-on is called "60 Minutes from Anywhere", viz :

60 Minutes from Anywhere   £13.03 Monthly  Make 60 minutes of calls a month from anywhere. Includes back to the UK and the country you’re in.

Sounds like you've bought an International Calls add-on for calling from UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes correction its the 60 minutes from anywhere but I can't call or receive calls ??

It's the 60 minutes call from anywhere I've put on, when someone tries to call me all they get is a busy tone , cost me £13 odd but why hasn't it worked ? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for clarifying, @TM74 

Does your phone show that you're connected to a network with a signal? Are you able to call out? What happens when you try to?

Chris

I'm connected to a signal but when I try I get a voice coming on saying I can't dial out ...I had a text message come through saying some services was barred this obviously includes calls out as my spend cap is set to 0, but I was assured this was perfectly okay by the member of the EE team on the phone before I came is I needed to be able to accept calls and occasionally call out ...its not worked, and to be honest it's cost me money as I've missed calls 

TM74
Investigator
Investigator

Another thing, because I can't use my phone I can't make a call to call EE, I refuse to call EE and clear this again with a charge of 3.80 a min, I can't text anyone and can't use text chat as that is no longer supported, quite honestly I'm staggered at just how bad EE is for one of the so called big networks its simply been shocking service for when you're outside of the EU. 

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c. Having roaming activated on your EE a/c, not just on your device, is crucial to using your contract SIM abroad.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto. Otherwise you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So why did I get a call initially then get a message saying calls were barred ?