cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Wheres my Friends & Family Discount

BIGBEAR63
Explorer

I just upgraded. My chosen upgrade Plan included Friends & Family Discount but at the reduced rate of 30%. I received an email order confirmation to this effect when I completed the checkout process. However, I can't find any reference to my F&F discount for the new plan in MyEE.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Email confirmation had the discount, but received a text almost immediately saying it had been removed.

I was told by customer services that this is standard now, otherwise people use discounts they aren't entitled to and I have to contact the person who set it up originally and get it reapplied. (which is currently being done 😎)

Can you contact your friend or family member? They should be able to get it reapplied fairly quickly.

If EE are going to immediately remove any discount though, it should be made clear during the upgrade process.

Thanks for the reply. I think you're experience explains alot.

I am an ex-Tmobile employee, so I was the F&F member.

The upgrade process is misleading because some phone upgrades clearly removed the discount and others only reduced it by 10%. I went with a 10% reduction Upgrade. If F&F has been removed completely from my plan then it's a case of mis-selling.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I'd give EE a call then to discuss,  hopefully they can fix it! Let us know how it goes.

Steve_M
Investigator
Investigator

Same just happened to me, after 20 years of F&F I was told by a Line Manager I should have had it taken away when I left 12 years ago.  Disgusted with EE at the moment.  To rub salt in the wound, when I requested my PAC code to switch, I received a text from 150 telling me I would lose my line discount if I left!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry, I've just seen this post, @Steve_M.

I know we've already discussed this as part of another one of your posts though.

Fingers crossed we can get this sorted out. 🙂

Chris