Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: Still waiting for Ultra 512gb

@MissRoseGold hold the power button and volume down button until the device switches off. The screen will go black and then the Samsung logo will reappear, let go of the buttons. It will do a force reset on the phone and should be working fine for you from there

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardy I have tried that many times, it simply will not switch off.

I have an exchange booked tomorrow, so far I am not impressed. 

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@WynterB yup, lied to, a

By far one of the worst customer experiences I've ever had

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@MissRoseGold Oh damn that's very unlucky!! Sorry that didn't help out or work. Hopefully your replacement won't have issues and will work the way it should

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning all, 

All orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Katie_B  Are you actually serious with that comment right now?

Not to mention the fact that the manufacturer HAD it in stock TWICE they long since fulfilled their pre orders. But EE's customers have been waiting for over two months and still all we get are lies an standard templates copied in here (and the chat). How about admitting you messed up? How about giving us some real information?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Very true! I have been waiting over three months. 

I downgraded to the 128GB and reluctantly cancelled my pre order. Samsung tell you one thing, EE the other. I'm using my exchanged S20 ultra 128GB as the one I received yesterday has been sent back as faulty. 

I am not even excited about having a new phone as the moment has well and truly passed. It just feels like a phone in a case, nothing special. My next hurdle will be claiming the ear buds, as I only have the proof of purchase for the 512GB which gives the pre order date, whereas for my downgrade, the POP is outside of the claim window.

I may hold onto my S9+ for a while longer.....

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@MissRoseGold you shouldn't be making a claim for your buds through Samsung, chances are it will get rejected like you said because of the date. EE should be sending you a pair because it's their mess!! If that wasn't mentioned to you, call customer services tomorrow, speak to a manager and get them to send you your pair!!

As for the passing of excitement for the new phone, I'm 100% on the same page as you. It's a shame really because it is genuinely a very good handset

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Kardy that is exactly what I am going to do. I have an extensive email conversation with an EE agent which clearly states that EE will be sending out some buds +

Also! I have next to no 5G signal in my area, it is only available in the city centre. Obviously with this being a public forum, I shall not say whereabouts, but yes, it's just another disappointment. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I really do appreciate that you've got a job to do and that you've got to stick to this same script (I've had the exact same answer every time), but what needs to be passed onto EE as a company is that I've had to chase you guys for an answer. The company has made no attempt to just at least send out an email or text.

I spent 150 quid on an early upgrade fee and a 100 quid on the yearly upgrade. This was on 28th February! We're nearly three months down the line and EE have skipped down the road with my cash and acted clueless. Again, the whole situation may not be EE's fault due to the current situation, but the fact the company have treated their customers like s**t is.

Truthfully it's made me realise I do not need this phone. I'm cancelling mine tomorrow, which has just killed the excitement of the new phone. The whole point that I paid that extra is so that I could pre-order the phone every year and claim some buds. That's well out of the window now.

EE needs to get its lovers tiff with Samsung sorted - there's way more to this. Everyone else who is holding out - I really hope you get your phone soon and enjoy it! It'll be interesting to see how long I would have had to wait...but I want my £250 back.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

A genuine question.. cripes, why would someone need a phone with 512GB of storage?  I have a Galaxy S7 with 64GB and it is only just over half full.  512GB is a LOT of space, why pay for something that you are unlikely to use?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@wardiI have a 128 GB s9+ with a 512 GB card inside both almost full. During the week I rarely use my laptop and do everything on my phone, I need a lot of things on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one with similar usage. Does that answer your question?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

That's fair enough if you think you will use it.  I just wondered if people were simply ordering the model with the biggest number!  My old Samsung J3 came supplied with 8GB of storage - that is not enough even for a light user. 🙄

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Kardy I had the conversation this morning with EE. They are sending me out my ear buds, I chose them in Black. Still awaiting the EE text and DPD notification, but I was advised they will arrived tomorrow.

As with everything, it is best to persevere but there is only so much perseverance a person can take. 

I shall update upon the buds when I receive them.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@JackJack94 It is such an annoying situation to have been/had been in.

I have previously posted that I have taken the downgrade, I am going to be closely monitoring how the handset performs over the next 13 days....some small niggles have made me question this flagship and I am preferring my S9+.....

In regards to the money you have paid upfront, yes they should be giving you that back ASAP. You paid for the privilege of a service and and upgrade and neither have been fulfilled, so preserver and get them to refund you and I would personally be asking for compensation.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@MissRoseGold that's good they're sending them out to you, that's saved you a lot of back and forth with Samsung. I will hopefully be getting a resolution to this mess for myself today

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Update on my situation.

I spoke to a manger about the whole situation and decided I too would downgrade to the 128gb version of the S20 Ultra simply because just like everyone else I was fed up of waiting.

I have been a very loyal customer to EE and been with them ever since they took over T-mobile and the best I was offered was a sorry & £30 off of my next bill. After being left waiting with no information or communication for 2 months until I had to chase them and all of the inconvenience, it's an absolute joke to only be offered £30. I am drained and fed up with this whole situation. I will definitely be thinking long and hard if I will stick with this network in the future or not.

@MissRoseGold my buds will be coming today, if mine are like yours and the original Buds and not the Buds+ I will be livid. Have you sorted your ones out yet?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Kardy That is exactly what they offered me. I am inclined to speculate that the relationship between EE and Samsung is not exactly close these days.

I have sent you a message, check your inbox 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung s20 ultra order

Hi @Mike197928

Welcome to the community.

All orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

DPD will be in touch with you when the phone is ready to be delivered.

If you'd like to discuss or change your order I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

Highlighted
by

Samsung S20 Ultra 512gb

Does anyone have a update on the stock levels for this phone, ordered it in the beginning of March. Still haven't received it. Time is going on and on, and I'm beginning to lose interest now. We don't get any updates on this phone, most other mobile companies have this phone in stock, so why is ee still waiting for this phone. Just want to be kept updated that's all

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.