cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

S20 ultra 512gb

davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Any news on when these are coming in? Not even listed as an option on the store now, paid £100 upgrade fee 8/3, obviously times are unusual but I don't think it's too much to ask to be kept informed

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@davj   what are you wanting from EE how long will your device be before you’ll get it ?EE are sending these out as soon as they come in on a first come first serve basis but due to the current situation these devices are probably coming in a lot slower than normal so EE cannot give you any update information on when you receive your device. you’ll be notified when your device is on its way to you.  

davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm sure they can give some idea of a time frame. I don't really think that "you'll get it  when you get it" is good enough, at this price, regardless of the circumstances. Communication from EE is bad enough at the best of times

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @davj

I know it's frustrating when you're excited about a new device. As mentioned by @Chris_B, all orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible. 

You can track your order online using the online order tracker and as soon as there is an update, this will be provided. 

Finger's crossed it's not much longer for you, 

Katie 🙂

davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well it's been almost a week now and still nothing, then I'm seeing posts on here saying ee have discontinued the 512gb model, others saying may and others saying not this year!  I don't think it's too much to ask for a little clarity on this, you can't blame coronavirus for a shocking lack of customer service. I don't want to phone in to keep the lines free for people that really need to get through but this is starting to really try my patience now

Alpeters
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Agreed, I'm in the same boat. I pre ordered in march. 

I keep getting emails saying that £300 trade in will be added to my account if my current device isn't returned.

I'm trying to find the phone now on the online store, I cant see the 512gb listed.

Will we recieve our order? I cant upgrade online to any other variant, as the system thinks I've upgraded.

Please EE can someone advise on the current situatio . 

Katie_B

Hi @Alpeters

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

As soon as we have stock from Samsung and your device is ready to be dispatched, we will contact you regarding delivery. 

When was the last email you received regarding the trade in fee?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Alpeters
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you... I received an email saying if my old device wasn't returned £300 would be added to my bill, which I recieved last week. 

I called trade in, as I simply cant afford 300 in this current climate, and they assured me It wouldn't be added and they would make notes on my account.

1 question I have is... my anytime upgrade was arranged in march, my contract will have reduced, in fact its soon to expire but my current device value will be greater.. will this be reflected? Or should I just not return my device?

If I recieve my new device with only 1 month to run on my contract, £300 pound charge seems unfair.

Katie_B

Hi @Alpeters

I completely understand. 

I would like to see if I can help further, I have sent you a private message for more information. 

Katie 🙂

Alpeters
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you... I replied but forgot to mention a time to call.

I'm a key worker... but I'm off today and tomorrow... so anytime is good.