cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My phone has been lost by Royal Mail

nicolewoood
Visitor

My new phone was sent to my home address so my mum posted it to me special recorded and gaurenteed delivery by 1pm Saturday (21st sept). I feel as if Royal Mail have lost it and I don't know what to do. I have set up a new contract through Buymobiles.net with this EE phone that was in the post and it is clear my new phone (not even unboxed yet) has been 'lost' or stolen. It is worth a lot of money and I really can't afford to replace it. It is causing me a lot of stress and I have taken a day off work to try and sort all of this, it's quite upsetting as I feel like I am going to have to pay for something which isn't my fault. What can I do? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @nicolewoood 

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can understand how upsetting this must be for you.

Have you spoken to Royal Mail, so they can investigate this for you?

The Royal Mail website has information on lost parcels and what you need to do.

Leanne.

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You are going to have to take this up with royal mail.

Your mom took the risk of posting it and unless she took out the insurance on the postage there is nothing you can do other than report it lost and buy a new phone

You are still legally obliged to pay the contract and wont be able to cancel due to the fact you are unable to return the device.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below