cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Anyone else been told their s10 + cant be delivered Friday due to manufacturer ?

Conor71
Visitor

I received a text today from EE saying that my s10+ wont be delivered on the 8th as I was originally told due to a manufacturer delay , anyone else been told this - or am I just 'lucky' !? 

96 REPLIES 96

What phones did you all order if you got that text.

I ordered the S10+ 1TB Ceramic Black (direct from samaung) and I havent got any notification it is coming yet.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I ordered the 10+ prism white 128gd.  I got the text to say it was delayed but on that text it has a link to track your order when I click that and but in my order number it is shown expected delivery 8th March and expected dispatch with 24hours??? So i haven't a clue whats going on.

atinks
Investigator
Investigator

Just contacted the EE chat about my S10+ 512GB Black ceramic and was told it would be delay with no info as to when I could expect it.

EE are waiting on an update from Samsung which will then be relayed back to me.

So no idea when to expect it, but they did say EE would credit my account with £20 so not all bad.

But am very disappointed - have been looking forward to this 😞

Samsung S8 Note
Saftlad
Investigator
Investigator

I got a text to say mine was ready for collection in the shop.

Drove into town, paid for parking, and went to the shop only to be told that yes it is in the shop but staff have been told they cannot released them until tomorrow (8th) as that is the release date.

To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly, given that I've wasted  over an a hour travelling to/from the shop and had to pay for parking.  Smiley Frustrated

@Saftlad wrote:

Drove into town, paid for parking, and went to the shop only to be told that yes it is in the shop but staff have been told they cannot released them until tomorrow (8th) as that is the release date.

To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly, given that I've wasted  over an a hour travelling to/from the shop and had to pay for parking.  Smiley Frustrated

Why you annoyed though? The phone release date is tomorrow. EE can get in trouble with Samsung is they release it early. To an extent they could not be able to sell Samsung phones again.

Same thing here , ordered 2 S10+ prism white, got a text saying that it has been delayed and no further information is availbale... 

Disapointing, but noone can do anything...

Profile closed
Not applicable

The text would have been automatically sent when the phone was scanned in the store .

Probs would have been worth a call to the store - in hindsight.

Samsung S8 Note

@BrendonH wrote:

@Saftlad wrote:

Why you annoyed though? The phone release date is tomorrow. EE can get in trouble with Samsung is they release it early. To an extent they could not be able to sell Samsung phones again.

If I can't collect it until tomorrow, why send out a message saying I can collect it today?  I've made a journey I didn't need to make and incurred unnecessary expenses.

If the message had said "Your phone has arrived in the store and will be available for collection on 8th March" then that would have been ok.

It's an automated text once your phone is scanned in at the store.

It's just this year EE are making sure most can be given to customers on time because normally they dont receive stock until the day of release.

So they must be making sure they got enough by getting them in a day earlier.