cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Anyone else been told their s10 + cant be delivered Friday due to manufacturer ?

Conor71
Visitor

I received a text today from EE saying that my s10+ wont be delivered on the 8th as I was originally told due to a manufacturer delay , anyone else been told this - or am I just 'lucky' !? 

96 REPLIES 96
Mwikala
Investigator
Investigator

I received a text saying that my delivery will be today 7th March 2019. I also received a text from DPD to confirm my 1-hour delivery slot and I selected 10am - 11am. They text me back confirming "Your parcel will be delivered at 10am - 11am on 7 March. It's now 1pm and there is no sign of a delivery.

I have visited the DPD tracker and it says there that I should expect it between 10am and 11am (passed that now).

EE Track Order says, "Order is on Track" and should be expected in the next 24 hours as of yesterday. 

Back to DPD in the "Where has my parcel been?" section, from EE at 18:40 on March 6 just before I confirmed my order it says "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel".

I've heard nothing from both DPD and EE and when I call they just say it's on its way.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Mwikala wrote:

I received a text saying that my delivery will be today 7th March 2019. I also received a text from DPD to confirm my 1-hour delivery slot and I selected 10am - 11am. They text me back confirming "Your parcel will be delivered at 10am - 11am on 7 March. It's now 1pm and there is no sign of a delivery.

I have visited the DPD tracker and it says there that I should expect it between 10am and 11am (passed that now).

EE Track Order says, "Order is on Track" and should be expected in the next 24 hours as of yesterday. 

Back to DPD in the "Where has my parcel been?" section, from EE at 18:40 on March 6 just before I confirmed my order it says "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel".

I've heard nothing from both DPD and EE and when I call they just say it's on its way.

No one will receive their pre-orders today. It is embargoed.  The phone is not released until the 8th which is tomorrow.  It's just the way DPD works when they collect a parcel or get notified of a parcel DPD automatically sends a text saying "your parcel will be delivered tomorrow"

Apologies for the mis-understanding but it is always the same with pre-orders. If customers were allowed the phones today then EE could be in huge trouble, a hefty fine or more.

Ah right, thanks for the clear up. I was expecting it tomorrow anyway, the text saying I could get it today was just a major throw off and got my hopes up for nothing. I guess there's nothing I can do about it anyway. Till tomorrow!

Profile closed
Not applicable

I totally understand i had same issue when the Note 9 was released when i ordered from Samsung direct. But it will be less than 24 hours until you receive it 😄 and at least you got confirmation it's on its way

Do you reckon it's still going to come in the time slot I selected for today? Or will I have to choose another one for the delivery tomorrow?

I was just wondering whether I should go and change my delivery to tomorrow and the same timeslot so it's maybe not taken by someone else.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon, 

The Samsung S10 is released on Friday March 8, and will arrive tomorrow if you've pre-ordered for a release day delivery. Apologies that you've been sent a text from DPD prematurely. You can track the latest status of your delivery on our online portal at ee.co.uk/trackmyorder

Katie 🙂

Thank you for that. I was just wondering whether I should change the times in DPD to tomorrow so I can still get my delivery at the correct time tomorrow.Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 13.39.33.png

Also, DPD says a different address (Work Address) to EE's order tracking which says my Home Address. I did, in fact, want it to be delivered to my Work Address.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Mwikala wrote:

Thank you for that. I was just wondering whether I should change the times in DPD to tomorrow so I can still get my delivery at the correct time tomorrow.Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 13.39.33.png

Also, DPD says a different address (Work Address) to EE's order tracking which says my Home Address. I did, in fact, want it to be delivered to my Work Address.

Whatever address is on the DPD tracking is the exact address printed on the parcel label . I wouldn't change any of the delivery date/time no.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mwikala

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Profile closed wrote:

@Mwikala wrote:

Whatever address is on the DPD tracking is the exact address printed on the parcel label . I wouldn't change any of the delivery date/time no.

The address on the EE tracking would just be your account billing address. It is adjusted to include your stated delivery address on the actual order you placed when order is sent for fulfillment