cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not registered on network

Lhava
Visitor

When in the UK, I was unable to receive or send texts/calls to the US.  I am now in the US and cannot make/receive calls/texts either to US or UK numbers.  I see the message 'not registered on network'.

I did not get the usual text when I landed in the airport to say the costs of using phone in US.

Under SIM card status, it says service state: out of service, roaming: roaming, and Mobile network state: disconnected.

Please can you help,

L

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

If on PAYG - did you use your phone in the UK before travelling abroad?

If pay-monthly, did you enable roaming on your phone before travelling?

Without the roaming facility being active, your phone will not connect to any network abroad - and consequently be unable to use mobile-network functionality.

You will need to contact EE C/S from another working phone or via Skype (+44 800 0798586) if you need to enable roaming.

Kittykatlady
Investigator
Investigator

hi have you sorted the problem?

This as happend to me. I got InTouch with EE . Mine was saying the same as yours. I also wanted it unlocking but all I got it.s not register on EE but it was I bought the phone brand new from a EE shop ,I Evan sent an email showing my receipt. Then we was adamant it had been reported stollen. Wen I had the receipt and the damn phone in my hand. I felt so insulted so I put a complaint in and they sent me the unlock code and it.s half unlockt don't let them get away with it. And don't pay to get it unlocked because ee has to give you the unlock code if you purchased it from them..I don't know how they could say it.s been reported stolen then. To say it isn't registerd. How can it be stolen if it isn't registerd ??