Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line stuck on call forwarding

lucianmobile9
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I use call forwarding when I work because I can't use my mobile at work.

Everything worked fine until 3 days ago.

Then I noticed that I can't enable call forwarding any more. When I tried to do that it was giving an error like "unable to read data, something went wrong, please check network and sim card" more or less like this.

So I had a chat with someone from support and they did something and then it worked.

But after that when I disabled call forwarding I noticed that all calls were going straight to my voicemail even if my phone had max reception. So I checked call forwarding and it was set to go to voicemail. I disabled that but it was still going to my voicemail even if it was showing disabled.

Next day I had a chat again and the agent transferred me to someone else and they did something and voicemail was disabled.

But then when I enabled call forwarding I noticed the calls were not going to the number I set them to go but they were going to the last number I used.

So I tried disabling forwarding but the calls are still going to that number.

So then I called support and spoke to a lady and she said she will check things and after a while the call dropped and she never called me back.

So at the moment I can't receive any calls because they are automatically being forwarded to that number even though my phone settings show that forwarding is disabled.

Can someone please help me because I am not going back to chat with someone else again for the forth time.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @lucianmobile9 

@lucianmobile9 wrote:

So at the moment I can't receive any calls because they are automatically being forwarded to that number even though my phone settings show that forwarding is disabled.

There's two types of call divert you can set..

1: Unconditional divert, where all incoming calls are unconditionally diverted

2: Conditional, where incoming calls are diverted if the "condition" is met - your phone is unreachable or you don't answer, for example.

I would recommend checking, via your phone's menu, that at the very least, your conditional diverts are disabled. It's worth doing these checks while using the mobile network and not WiFi-calling, which can sometimes have issues.

I have checked the settings and all forwarding options are showing as disabled.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lucianmobile9

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your diverts. I would definitely recommend speaking to our technical support team again so they can check how your diverts are set up from our side.

Chris

Ok so yesterday I spoke to support again and the agent managed to clear the redirect and I could finally receive phone calls.

Today I have tried the forwarding again but it didn't work. Even though my phone was showing that call forwarding was active it didn't work. My phone was ringing instead of the forwarding number.

So I rang support again and I was told that everything looks ok on their side and that maybe my phone was at fault and I was advised to try my sim card in my wife's phone.

I have tried my sim card in my wife's phone and enabled call forwarding but it still didn't work. I didn't think it will work but anyways.

So it looks like nobody knows how to fix this and I will either have to just forget about it, get a different number or move my number to a different network and hope that it will work properly.

Very disappointing.

Leanne_T

Hi @lucianmobile9

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details 🙂

Leanne. 

I spoke to Emma on Friday and she has managed to sort this out.

Thank you Emma!

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @lucianmobile9

Glad to hear this is all sorted 🙂

Leanne.