Bahrain

Fbasheer
Investigator
Investigator

No solution found agents at EE are highly incompetent don't know their own products and sell it to the clients 
my credit pay as you go was eaten up GBP 20,-- lost in 3 days hardly made any calls or texts from abroad Bahrain.

Called EE long distance call the EE agent Matthewadvised go for the monthly payment one year basic contract where you can make calls and receive calls plus text,ill advised by Matthew.

I opted for it in good faith and set this up , once it was set up no connection to the mobile network in Bahrain, called again spent a fortune on int calling, was told by the lady you have to be in UK to activate this new monthly contract thing as it will not work in Bahrain, it cannot be reverted back to pay as you go I was told  and no explanation why the credit was eaten up, my connection was not in hibernation confirmed by EE agent .

Trudie a reliable service oriented  EE agent who had resolved my issue last time wrote to her she responded that we can send you new sim at your UK address you need to insert it and make calls and text to activate the new SIM,  I will be in UK not before mid June ?? stuck this is the level of service and competence unbelievable 

EE supposed to be largest UK provider shameful to say the least can one get any compensation and engage OMBUDSMAN for it if its worth anything any advice from the EE community  

Thanks 

FB 
3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Fbasheer 

EE is a UK network to be used in the UK. Any change of contract type needs to be activated on the UK EE network. Roaming is a benefit and when outside of the EU is expensive.

Calling from the UK:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/call-abroad/countries/bahrain

Roaming pay monthly and PAYG:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/roaming-costs/countries/bahrain

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
I am aware of the roaming costs EE agent should have advised me that the sim will start working when I am in uk which he did not ? Poor knowledge

Regards
Faisal Basheer
bristolian
Legend
Legend

As I understand your post, you were on pay-monthly and travelled abroad without having enabled roaming? Contacting CS via another means is absolutely the correct thing to do here, and they can enable roaming remotely, there is no need to be in the UK for this.

PAYG is auto-enabled for roaming on first use in the UK, which can't be done abroad.