cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't properly unlock from EE?

Coto
Visitor

I recently switched over from EE to Vodafone, as Vodafone is better in my area. My EE SIM is no longer live, but can't use my Vodafone SIM because my phone is still locked to EE. I know this because other live EE sim cards work in my phone.

I've been online to unlock on EE website but it just says it doesn't recognise my IMEI number. I've tried calling EE and they say they don't recognise my number as it's no longer on their system.

Now been without data and unable to make calls for nearly 2 weeks so a little frustrated and struggling to get anywhere - any help please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Coto 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call on 0800 956 6000, you won't need an EE number to speak to the mobile care team who can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T

Hi there @Coto 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call on 0800 956 6000, you won't need an EE number to speak to the mobile care team who can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi,

I have the same problem of the service not recognising my IME. However, is not possible to speak to someone in the care team because you Do need an EE phone number to get through to them. Choosing the non customer option simply directs to the online service.

Regards

Phil

@PhilS9  use the number posted above.  You don’t need a EE number or how else would you take out a contract by calling customer services if you wasn’t an EE customer already. 

Red_Squirrel
Explorer

@Chris_B I have exactly the same problem.

The unlock passcode I received is incorrect however the last 8 digits (MUK code) works to clear the too many attempts lock. I called the number above and was told that without an EE account I could not be put through to the technical team, instead I would have to resolve it online.

Phone is still locked and no support forthcoming.

James_B

Hi @Red_Squirrel,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Which error message do you see when entering your unlock code?

James

Hi @James_B ,

Thanks for your reply. The message is:

"Incorrect network unlock code entered."

I have entered it correctly numerous times since getting it yesterday and the last 8 digits work as a MUK code to clear the attempts.

If I try to get a new unlock code online I get the error message "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later".

It's a dual sim Samsung A20e and I used the IMEI 1 to get the code.

Mike

James_B

Have you tried both IMEI's, @Red_Squirrel?

James

Red_Squirrel
Explorer

@James_B  If I try IMEI2 I get the same error, "Sorry,something went wrong on our end...".

Mike

James_B

Did you purchase the phone direct from EE, @Red_Squirrel?

James