cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding to another UK number that I am taking abroad.

deanoelrosso
Explorer

Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I have an Uk EE pay monthly SIM and am travelling to the EU for a couple of weeks where I will be using a UK Lebara SIM card while I am there (it cost me £4 for a month with 30GB data, unlimited UK calls and some international minutes etc. and includes roaming free, so a lot cheaper than the current daily roaming charges or monthly pass from EE...!) I called up EE and asked if I would be charged to forward calls from my UK EE number to this UK Lebara SIM and the agent wasn't sure so went away to ask someone then came back and said I would be charged international calls as I was trying to avoid the roaming fees!! Surely if its to a UK SIM, EE would never know its abroad? I reiterated it was UK number to UK number but the response was the same (and quite rude to be honest, apparently she doesn't make the rules!). 

Anyway, it felt like they simply didn't really know the answer so went for the safest 'we will bill you' option, but can anyone advise if they have done the same and were or were not charged? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@deanoelrosso  You’ll not be charged to forward a call to a UK number that’s abroad.     Only calls will be forwarded so any texts will not be forwarded.     There is no charge to call a uk number that’s in the EU. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@deanoelrosso  You’ll not be charged to forward a call to a UK number that’s abroad.     Only calls will be forwarded so any texts will not be forwarded.     There is no charge to call a uk number that’s in the EU. 

Thanks Chris, that's what I thought. Really appreciate your help. D.