iPhone

Mexroj0229
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I bought a phone on contract.Can I use this phone in Asia Tajikistan? Thanks)

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mexroj0229  you can, but you need to make sure that you’re enabling to roaming on your account to do this just text RAOM  to 150.  You also need to purchase add-ons to use data as your allowance will not cover you while there. 

Text RO Tajikistan to 150 to see what the costs will be and to see what other adds you can purchase to keep costs down.  

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mexroj0229 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please see our Roaming Costs | Help page for charges and available add-ons. 

Before travelling, text ROAMING to 150 to make sure your account is fully set up to use abroad. 

Thank you 🙂

Leanne.

if I install a national SIM card?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mexroj0229 

If the phone is unlocked, you can use another network SIM card. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes. Outside the EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/roaming-costs/countries/tajikistan.

As you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure the roaming ability is enabled on your account.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)