cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 Plus WIFI calling - My voice sounds robotic to EVERYONE!

mrcb2023
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - Why does my iphone 14 plus sound robotic on wifi calls but fine on cellular and whatsapp ?  I have this phone for my partner and a standard 14 for myself.  The 14 is fine with all methods of calling.

Are there some settings to reset/toggle ?

I have 500MB BB (TalkTalk) with an EERO PRO Wifi6 mesh router.  As I say the 14 works fine, no issues at all, the 14 Plus doesn't.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mrcb2023 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the same happen if you connect to a different WiFi network? 

Does this affect incoming and outgoing calls?

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Hi @Leanne_T  This happens on any wifi network and it affects both types of calls.

Leanne_T

Thanks @mrcb2023 

Could you try the SIM card in another phone to see if the same happens and to help us know if this is the phone or SIM? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi @Leanne_T   We have just swapped from a Pixel 6 to iPhone 14 Plus and everything was fine on the pixel. 

Leanne_T

Thanks @mrcb2023 

In this case, please get in touch with our tech gurus on 150 and they will run through some troubleshooting with you to let you know what is needed to get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

@Leanne_T OK many thanks we will contact them.

Leanne_T

No problem @mrcb2023 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

There may be 2 aspects to this, to check on.

1: Firstly, "calls" made through calling apps such as WhatsApp & Messenger are not carried through EE's network as calls, but as what they are - data traffic. EE's involvement here extends to providing your phone with an internet connection.

2: There shouldn't be any perceptible difference between VoWiFi calls & VoLTE calls, your post suggests this may be the case? If so - how long has this been a problem?

HI @bristolian - This has been an issue since we got the new phone a couple of months ago.  Yes understood.

Yes there is a definite difference between cellular and wifi calls.  Maybe the phone has an issue and there are some settings i can toggle to try new things out ?  Pixel works fine, iPhone doesn't.