cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

been charged for data roaming

rowlandluis
Visitor

I’ve been charged for using my phone abroad, after being told by ee workers i store that my package included free use of contract, also was told my contract was £61 and been charged £66

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rowlandluis   If you took out this contract after the 7th of July 2021 then you can not use your allowances outside the UK unless you purchase an add on to allow you to use your tariff allowance (£10 for up to 30 days )or pay the daily rate of £2 to use that allowance on that day.   

if you have a smart benefit then you can use roam further add on as a benefit. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rowlandluis   If you took out this contract after the 7th of July 2021 then you can not use your allowances outside the UK unless you purchase an add on to allow you to use your tariff allowance (£10 for up to 30 days )or pay the daily rate of £2 to use that allowance on that day.   

if you have a smart benefit then you can use roam further add on as a benefit. 

Thank you for your response to Rowlandluis. I too have just seen on my new account that I am expected to pay £2/day for use in the EU.

During discussions with a member of EE as a result of needing to upgrade my sim from a 3G one, I discussed with him the terms of upgrading. Being aware of the change in contract terms from 7th July 2021, as you mentioned, I was insistent that for my having a contract with EE that no EU roaming charges were to be applied and this was agreed. I checked about this issue a number of times during the setting up of the contract, and also re-iterated the case with another employee when I needed to recontact the company. It was agreed that I could continue with the roaming without the extra daily charge. I accepted the contract on these terms.

I would therefor expect the company to honour this position.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @crouchender

Thanks for coming here. 

Please give us a call on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

@crouchender : Are you on contract or PAYG? These EU roaming charges aren't applied to PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)