Roaming

Aitch8013
Visitor

Good morning all. 

I have a Roam Further add on that was added before I went on holiday to the USA. 
since I landed I have not been able to use any of my data or receive Text or calls until I long onto the hotel WIFI. 
I have checked all my settings and they seem to be correct. 
I keep receiving text stating I need to buy a roaming data add on why is that when I already have the add on. 
any help would be great. 

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aitch8013

Welcome to the community.

Is the Roam Further add-on showing as active in your My EE account?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Aitch8013 : As you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto. Otherwise login to your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your online MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. via Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)