Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Problems

Treebeard
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

I have a Pixel 5 mobile on an EE monthly contract with BT FTTP broadband. I've been using WiFi calling without issue until recently. For about the last week or so the phone has shown WiFi calling and I seem to be able to make outgoing calls without problems but most of my incoming calls result in the other end being able to hear me but I cannot hear them and the line then drops. Incoming works fine with WiFi calling turned off.

This happens with the phone in the same room as the router and a strong signal and a speed test from the phone maxes out my connection of 150Mbps. I've restarted the phone and router several times but the problem still persists.

Is anyone else having similar problems or are there any known issues at the moment?

Can anyone tell me which ports (if any) I should be looking at to check my router.

Cheers - Andy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Treebeard
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just to update the thread. Further checking on this problem has lead me to believe it's a phone problem not a network problem. Continuing to investigate. Thanks all for your responses. Andy. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Treebeard
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re my port info request I have found:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Firewall-Ip-addresses-and-Ports-for-Wifi-Calling/...

I'd still like to know if anyone else is having problems or there are known issues.

Cheers - Andy

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Treebeard,

I'm not aware of any known issues with WiFi Calling on that device. Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can run through some diagnostics with you.

Thanks

James

@Treebeard  If it was working and you haven’t changed any settings on your router then obviously nothing needs to be changed as it’s something else have you try turning the router off for a couple of minutes and then restarting it ?  you could even try forgetting the router from your device so you have to reset it up from scratch and see how that goes.

( doing both would be better )

Treebeard
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

OK. Cheers, will do.

Thanks - Andy

Treebeard
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just to update the thread. Further checking on this problem has lead me to believe it's a phone problem not a network problem. Continuing to investigate. Thanks all for your responses. Andy. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Treebeard

Please keep in touch about this issue.

James