cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio on calls.

Dcgpx
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone started to experience missing audio on incoming calls? 

This recently started approx 3wks ago and only happens on incoming calls. They can hear me but I can’t hear them. 

I have to ring back or let them ring me again and everything’s fine.

first thought was my iPhone XR but I upgraded to a 12 and it’s doing exactly the same thing?

would it be worth asking for a replacement SIM or has SIM nothing to do with audio ?? 

no idea why it’s started this but damn annoying.

even tried turning off Wi-fi calls but that hasn’t made any difference .

any thoughts ??

12 REPLIES 12
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Dcgpx 

Does this happen regardless of location? That would be a good test of whether this is network or handset-related. The network doesn't treat incoming or outgoing calls any differently once they're setup.

Would it make sense to obtain a free PAYG SIM from another provider to see if the incoming call issue is repeated with that other SIM? This would help to rule out the manufacturer of the two phones as being the issue, and better implicate the service provider which shall not be named.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi

yep this happens no matter where in uk, I’m a truck driver so travel all over.

it seems strange it’s only recently started and as changed phones rules that out, only thing same is SIM card 

Thought about alternative sim but need phone as constantly phones from work.

suppose could just tell them temp number for a day though 

The iPhone 12 is a dual-SIM device, so you can use another SIM without your primary line being out of contact.

You could get an EE PAYG SIM and this would serve two purposes. It would evade falling foul of any SIM locking issues, and also would test whether this issue persists when your voice calls are carried over 2G/3G. Your pay-monthly SIM will be using VoLTE and so carrying your voice calls over 4G.

@Dcgpx   Have you tried a network reset on the device ?  
Go to settings>general>reset>Reset network settings.  New device will shut down and reboot you’ll also need to put any Wi-Fi passwords back on the device after this. 

Hi all

1 - I know 12 is a dual sim but as I understand it, can only take one physical SIM and other is eSIM. 

Can you get eSIM PAYG? Or am I looking at asking EE to convert my PayM to an eSIM??

2- Yes I’ve reset all network settings and reset phone to set up as new iPhone and still doing it. 

Not changing phone for 2yrs now so I’ll see how I go about getting PayM changed to an eSIM and that’ll leave me the slot free for a physical PAYG so I can try that option 

@Dcgpx  ESim is only available to contract customers (at present)  

I am on contract so I’ll pop into EE shop tomorrow and ask how to go about converting to an eSIM then I’ll pop in temp PAYG as physical SIM and see how I get onb